USA: U.S. Cellular and Milwaukee World Festival officials have announced a new 10-year agreement that will demolish Summerfest’s existing U.S. Cellular Connection Stage and replace it with a new, larger stage and an enhanced guest experience for the 2018 edition of the festival.
The renovation project will include:
- A completely rebuilt stage, completed in time for the 51st Summerfest in 2018 after the current U.S. Cellular Connection Stage is torn down following the 2017 festival.
- Increased capacity and improved access for attendees, while featuring a backdrop of the Milwaukee skyline and the lakefront.
- A larger performance area, enhanced production capabilities and improved artist amenities that will accommodate artists travelling with larger-scale production.
- A 25-foot LED video screen, the largest video screen on the grounds, for enhanced views of performances from any location in the stage area.
- An open-air backstage loft area that will be used for artist meet and greets and interviews, as well as exclusive hospitality experiences with up front viewing of the stage for customers and contest winners.
- Mobile device charging amenities around the stage area, including benches with charging ports along the lakefront.
- A redesigned bar area to provide attendees with better access and accommodations.
The new stage will host country and pop artists during Summerfest and iHeartMedia, including FM106.1, will continue as media sponsor of the U.S. Cellular Connection Stage.
At the public announcement, U.S. Cellular offered virtual reality headsets to provide a 360 degree glimpse of what guests will experience at the new stage.