Here’s a swift round up of upcoming changes to Covid restrictions for events and venues in Wales and Scotland.
- From Saturday, the number of people allowed to attend an outdoor event will rise from 50 to 500.
- From Friday 21st January, crowds will be allowed to return to sporting events and there will be no limits on those attending outdoor events.
- From Friday 28th January, nightclubs can reopen and hospitality venues will be allowed to operate normally, although Covid passes will still be required for large events, cinemas, nightclubs and theatres.
- From Thursday 10th February, Wales will return to a three-week review cycle as the country returns to alert level 0.
- Restrictions on large outdoor events in Scotland will come to an end on Monday 17th January.
- According to the BBC, it is expected that rules on indoor events and venues, including the need for table service in hospitality premises, will be lifted a week later.