Shindig Festival has announced it will go ahead with Bob Vylan remaining on the line-up, following a hearing that took place today (18 May).
The festival held between 21–24 May 2026 at Charlton Park Estate, Wiltshire, faced a review of its premises license earlier this month.
The outcome of the hearing at Wiltshire Council Offices, Chippenham, was that “no further steps are necessary”.
The licence review had been “on the grounds of prevention of crime, disorder and public safety”. However, the event has a “strong 12-year track record as a safe, professionally run independent festival,” says Shindig.
Simon Clarke, Festival co-director said: “The sun will shine on Shindig Festival this year. We have been facing censorship, stood our ground and stand by our robust safety measures. Independent festivals can not allow influential political lobbying groups to dictate who performs at events and in the wider music industry. See you on Thursday when the gates open at midday.”
Bob Vylan said: “We’re incredibly excited to be at Shindig this year and we look forward to sharing the same love, truth and energy that our live shows are known for.
The threat to the festival’s licence is unwarranted and shameful but we are proud to take part in a festival with morals and ethics that places art, and freedom to express that art, at its forefront.”
Simom and Melissa Kidd outlined to Festival Insights the impact that the public outcry has had on the festival and the importance of booking acts that challenges audiences.
Along with Bob Vylan, the line-up includes Fat Dog, Snapped Ankles, WAR and Jurassic 5’s Chali 2NA. A DJ set from Ishmael Ensemble, Mungo’s HiFi, My Baby, Coleen Cosmo Murphy, Joshua Idehen, Aroop Roy and more.
More information on the festival is available here.
